From the moment you pick up your badge at registration, your American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce) EXPerience in Minneapolis will be jam-packed with sessions, networking, and walking around the Expo. We know that conferences can go by fast, which is why it’s important to show up armed with a plan.
Whether it’s your first time attending AIHce EXP or your fifth, a little preparation will go a long way in helping you make the most of your time on the ground. We’ve got a few years of practice, so we’re sharing our foolproof tips with you:
- Look through the schedule ahead of time. There’s nothing worse than getting to the conference and being struck by decision paralysis. This is why we not only have the full agenda ready for you ahead of time, but encourage you to have an action plan. Going through the schedule ahead of time and creating a personal agenda with the sessions you want to attend will make life that much easier for you during the conference. If you’re attending the conference with colleagues, consider splitting up the sessions to divide and conquer.
- Identify the exhibitors you want to meet. The AIHce EXP Expo is open for three days, giving you ample opportunity to schedule time to talk with specific companies, universities, and individuals you want to connect with during the conference. Take a peek at this year’s list of exhibitors to map your way around the show floor.
- Don’t be afraid to approach people, including speakers and instructors. If you want to make connections in your industry, AIHce EXP is the perfect place to do it, which means your networking game needs to be on! The speakers and instructors at AIHce love connecting with participants, so don’t hesitate to say “hello.”
- Practice your personal elevator pitch. Remember to keep it short, personal and memorable! You’re going to meet a lot of people over the course of the week, so be sure to have your business cards ready!
- Schedule time for self-care. We know that conferences can get overwhelming, which is why it’s important for you to also have time to decompress during AIHce. You can go back to your hotel room between sessions and networking events, or even do a little exploring around Minneapolis. There are also several health and wellness sessions happening on the Mezzanine (M) Level Lobby. From tips on healthy eating to yoga and desk stretches, take a load off and make some time for you!
If you cannot make it all the way to Minneapolis, then AIHce EXP Virtual is just the thing for you. Virtual AIHce EXP is the most convenient and affordable way to access quality education and insights about the IH/OEHS industry. Everything from the comfort of your office.
We are making sure that you have a plethora of options to choose from when it comes to sessions, networking, and making new connections at AIHce EXP. It’s up to you to craft the conference experience that makes the most sense for you in Minneapolis.
See you soon!
Berrak Sarikaya is a natural conversation driver with an undeniable belief in the power of community. A proven content strategist and speaker, she resides in Seattle, WA. Follow her on Twitter.